Tuesday, June 23, 2009

dreams have changed

Last night, after some deliberation, I decided that when I wake up this morning, I'd get my coffee and read in bed for at least an hour. That was one of my favorite things to do about 5 years ago... since then, life has changed a good bit and gotten a lot busier.
So, I woke up and started the coffee.. while it was brewing I wanted to check in on the Guatemala blogs. Other people had posted some new stuff as well... Now, half an hour later, I realized that my dreams have changed.
I will always love to read in bed. It's a wonderful way to spend a rainy afternoon. This a small piece of the puzzle.. Last night, I wasn't going to read so that I could pack (which is becoming more and more urgent.) Now, I'm not reading my fiction novel because connecting and creating is just more important to me.
There's more to life than I've ever realized before. I love that I've learned so much about who I am and what my dreams are in the past few months. I didn't figure everything out when I was 18 or when I got married. And I'm not planning on having it all down when I turn 25 or 40.
Getting into heaven isn't what being a Christian is all about. We follow Christ here on earth to know and share His love. When you aren't so consumed with the destination alone, you're much more free to enjoy the journey. Cliche as that may be, I'm still getting it.

1 comment:

  1. That's great!

    I can definitely relate to that - I think that communication is far more important to my daily life, and my reading habits have definitely changed because of just that.

    We're ALL "getting it" - and it's great to be doing so alongside of you.

    ReplyDelete

Pals