Monday, August 31, 2009

While Bryon is making a smore...

We've been gone for 6 days.

Most of you know, I was pretty sad before we left. My friends, family, job- my whole life was in Florida. Then, Bryon and I packed up and left everything except our car, clothes and each other.

From a more objective view, I'm sure it was pretty clear that this was going to be exciting, but it was kind of hard for me to see that. Or at least to believe it.

But now, I feel so adventurous! As predicted by some wise individuals, Bryon and I's relationship is so awesome.. and this is just the beginning. Especially for the past couple months, we've been surrounded by other loved ones. That was truly fantastic, but it being just the two of us, for hours on end, has been a lot of fun. I had my doubts.. I can get really irritable. We've been praying for a lot of love and grace, and God's been faithful :)

I was thinking earlier about the things that I "need" in my life to be happy. The more I thought about it, the shorter that list got. It's so much fun to dream, and it's important to pursue those dreams.. but even if you end up with something completely different, there's so much beauty in this life.

God's plan is so much better than ours.. His ways are so much higher. If I only followed a path that I thought up I'd be so limited. There's so much more. I feel like I'm getting to experience more than I'd dreamed of before.

And, as I said... it's just the beginning.

6 comments:

  1. God is so awesome and he has such good plans for his children! You are both always on my heart and i am praying for you all the time!

    Just think, if you followed all of your plans you probably wouldn't have ended up with bryon, you wouldn't be traveling across the country, and you wouldn't have this adventure ahead of you! what an exciting time!!!!!!

    i used so many exclamation points in this comment!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so happy for you guys, you are missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's cool that you really seem to be on the same page as us, even states away.

    Isn't that the beauty of God? The perspective He brings to the table when you really can see His working in your life. You realize that all of the other stuff you've tried to fill your life with, to make you happy and feel secure - none of it is necessary when compared to the simple joys (and sometimes extravagant ones) which God is so often able to provide. It's all we need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best is yet to come...

    Keep Him at the center and each day will only get more beautiful.

    Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie- I appreciate all your encouragement! And I love you!!!!!!!!
    Alexander- we miss you a lot! Especially Bryon. But both of us :)
    John H- I just thought you should know, I will never hear the word epic and not think of you and Alyssa..
    Drew- I love that we're in the same place (though not geographically) We are one body.. that in itself is a joy to me.
    Robyn- thank you so, so much for all your wise words. I'm so glad to see them already coming to pass.
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Pals