Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I can't explain it, but this made me want to cry

“Some people do not have to search, for they find their niche early in life and rest there seemingly contented and resigned.

At times, I envy them but usually I do not understand them…
And seldom do they understand me.

I am one of those searchers.

There are, I believe, millions of us. We are not unhappy, but neither are we completely content.

We continue to explore ourselves, hoping to understand.

We like to walk along the beach; we are drawn to the ocean, taken by its power and unceasing motion, its mystery and unspeakable beauty.

We like forests, mountains, deserts, hidden rivers, and lovely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as our laughter. We are ambitious only for life itself and for anything beautiful it can provide.

Most of all, we want to love and be loved, to live in a relationship that will not impede our wanderings and prevent our search.

We do not want to prove ourselves to others or compete for love.

This passage is for wanderers, dreamers, and lovers who dare to ask of life everything which is good and beautiful.”

- Author Unknown

3 comments:

  1. This is really nice. Where did you find it?
    I love the way that this post made me feel; so right on and connected. It is in those moments with creation that you feel right at home.
    Exploring ourselves and our world is important, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am right there with that "unknown author". Thanks for posting this, it is weird how we can connect with the written word sometimes, and this passage in particular is a good illustration of how so many of us young-up-and-comers, in the words of Bono, still haven't found what we're looking for.

    The only security in this madness is knowing that God is the bedrock you can rest upon. Seriously, that is the one thing that keeps me sane on a day to day basis. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have battled with thoughts of disarray and complete lack of direction.

    I know the Lord is going to direct us all to what He would have us do in the long run. All this temporary worry and strife just bogs down the beauty of what we see around us on a daily basis. Hence the reason I am trying to slow down, more and more, every day in order to enjoy the moments I take for granted so often a little bit further than usual.

    In summation, good passage, ha.

    Peace&777

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, i can finally post. Ad-Block blocked me commenting... hahah.

    Cool post, cool thoughts, cool(er) poster. :D

    My thoughts are find beauty in the moments, something that has stuck with me for many years... As we connect to the holy moment, aware of the beauty and possibility of what it is teaching and showing us, then we are building wisely for better days.

    I love and miss you, lady.

    ReplyDelete

Pals